Tuesday, May 16, 2006

moose and beaver...quite a combination

If there are a ton of typos in this, I'll appologize ahead of time. I just got a manicure from my 5 year old daughter, who is now trying to paint my toe nails....somehow she's getting it between my toes and it's tickly.

I've had a great writing week..which is why I haven't updated my blog in a while. I've been working on a short story that is part of an anthology with the theme "beaver tales" yep....I know. it's a little odd, and I'm sure you're thinking it's a little rude too but each of the stories is about a beaver-shifter and I'm pretty sure everyone's shifter is a male.

The idea came to us because there is hardly every any books that celebrate canada day...a holiday that inevitably gets overshadowed by the American holiday which follows 3 days after. So, we thought...what's more Canadian than a beaver? And so Beaver Tales was born.

My story is almost finished...and Aline has her first draft done...now we wait for the others to catch up and hunt for a home for it.

Cheers to all!

3 comments:

Jan Springer said...

Hi Jennie *jan waving*

Wooohoooo! Beaver Tales sounds great! I can't wait to read it!!

Congratulations on your sale!!!

Hugs,

jan, a fellow Canadian :-)

Jan Springer said...

Oh! And might I say that your daughter is doing a wonderful job in painting your toe nails *grin*

jan

Jennie OTN said...

LOL Hi Jan!

I had nail polish all over my foot because she kept tickling me. Thankfully the nailpolish they make for kids is nothing more than white glue with some colour in it...peels right off.

Beaver story is almost done...longer than I'd planned...but almost done.

Jennie