Sunday, June 11, 2006

Waearing out the seat of my pants

Some days it's a huge struggle to get words on paper. I can remember when I first came back to writing after a few years of college and other activiites and got the advice "Put the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair and don't get up until you've written something."

Good advice...if you aren't a stay at home mum with young kids who want something every 2 seconds. I need a drink. I'm hungry. I have to go to the bathroom. Can we do a craft? Can you put on a movie? Not to mention the fights and diaper changes. I swear the instant I put the seat of my pants to the seat of my chair, I have to jump right back up again.

On the other hand I only have....2 and a half years? until the littlest one is in school part time. Now if I could just send the dogs off somewhere so they will leave me alone too...

1 comment:

Kim Rees / Kim Knox said...

With you 100% on this one, Jen, LOL