Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nano is coming up fast

Hard to believe it's been almost a year since I last felt the anxiety inspired by NANO. For the past 2 years I've participated in National Novel Writing Month and I've yet to manage to meet the 50,000 word goal. Sad, I know. I'd like to think I've become more disciplined since last November, I mean, I've sold 4 books since then, so surely I can manage to succeed this year. On the other hand, I've gotten very good at procrastination as well. When the words just aren't flowing, do I sit and fight with determination? No, I go watch a movie or read a book. I've managed to read a lot of books this year, way more than my entire 2005 total and it's only September.

So this year I'm going to start early. I'm going to have a story idea ready before hand so that I'm not stuck 15K in with absolutely no clue what happens next.

The only catch is that, with the release of Moving Atlantis scheduled for late November, I'll be doing edits for part of the month so I'll really have to buckle down and work if I'm going to succeed.

I'd really like to see NANO being used in English classes in our local schools. I thought this last year, but didn't know how to go about suggesting it. I still don't have any idea how to do that, but it's my goal to one day, see it happen.

Something to think about while procrastinating this month...hehehe.

No comments: