Friday, September 22, 2006

Upcoming releases and news

I'm hard at work on the sequel to Dragon's Birth. Originally I'd thought I'd call it Dragon's Return, but the name started to bug me. At this point, the title is The Forgotten Heir. This book will be Vander's story. I hadn't planned to write a story for him, but during edits, it was pointed out to me that one point in Dragon's Birth hints that Vander was of very humble birth, and in another spot it suggests he's very highborn. It was a goof, but when I looked at it, the idea popped into my head and I knew I had to tell his story.

Van's been a pain in the butt (which seems to be a big part of his character anyway) but this book has been SLOOOOOW going. I've scrapped dozens of pages, started from scratch 3 times and only by forcing myself to continue on this version have I made it past chapter 3. I'm hoping to have The Forgotten Heir done by the end of October, just in time for my next release.....

The coming soon pages have been updated at Samhain. I'm so excited to be able to announce that The Last Prophecy will be released on October 31 in ebook format and print as part of the Beginnings anthology . There's a great bunch of authors in this collection and I'm thrilled to be among them.

Then, a few weeks later, Moving Atlantis will be released from Samhain (November 21)

Should be an exciting few weeks for me *grin*

1 comment:

Kate Davies said...

Yay! Isn't it exciting to see all the Beginnings covers up on the Coming Soon pages? I can't wait until I have the print book in my hot little hands. I'm just bouncing around, wanting to read all the other stories!

And congrats on the closely-released titles! Way to keep reader interest up. :)