My brother sent me the new AppleTV for my birthday and though I need to get a new airport card, I was just so excited I thought I'd do my TT on how awesome this new toy is.
1. It has the the potential to radically increase my couch potato skills...300 movies, a bunch of TV show seasons all available without having to do more than push a button...wait this one might not be good
2. no more getting up to hunt for a movie on the DVD shelf, just push the buttong and scroll through the menu. Sometimes it takes me ages to find a movie, only to find it under the couch or up in the kids room...or DH leant it to someone at work and forgot to get it back.
3. It's shiny and purty and new
4. The remote is tiny and doesn't have a million buttons
5. The itunes store has shows I love but can't get the newest episodes of. Example Stargate Atlantis season 3 only airs on a movie channel up here in canada that I've ever seen and it would cost way too much money to get the movie package on our satelite just for one show so DH says no way
6. it's wireless, so I don't have cables running all over the place that the bunny can chew or the kids can trip on
7. I can actually say I'm using th HDMI input on the TV which DH didn't think was worth paying extra for...HA!
8. Storing movies on a hard drive takes up WAY less space than 300 DVDs
9. It's a new toy...I love new toys and apple makes the coolest toys around
10. It's super easy to have a movie marathon and not have to get off the couch to switch movies.
11. by storing the kids movies on the computer, I don't have to get upset when they've totally scratched the disk...or snapped it *sigh*
12. it was an excuse to rip all our movies, and now I can put them on the ipod for the kids to watch on car trips...oh wait...no way I'm letting them touch my ipod...
13. someday itunes will have episodes of shows like Star Trek Voyager which, hopefully will be cheaper than buying the DVDs for 140 bucks a season...and I'll still be able to watch them on the TV without burning a bunch of DVD-Rs...which is good since i don't have a DVD burner in this puter.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants