Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday 13 #4


Thirteen cool things about AppleTV


My brother sent me the new AppleTV for my birthday and though I need to get a new airport card, I was just so excited I thought I'd do my TT on how awesome this new toy is.

1. It has the the potential to radically increase my couch potato skills...300 movies, a bunch of TV show seasons all available without having to do more than push a button...wait this one might not be good

2. no more getting up to hunt for a movie on the DVD shelf, just push the buttong and scroll through the menu. Sometimes it takes me ages to find a movie, only to find it under the couch or up in the kids room...or DH leant it to someone at work and forgot to get it back.

3. It's shiny and purty and new

4. The remote is tiny and doesn't have a million buttons

5. The itunes store has shows I love but can't get the newest episodes of. Example Stargate Atlantis season 3 only airs on a movie channel up here in canada that I've ever seen and it would cost way too much money to get the movie package on our satelite just for one show so DH says no way

6. it's wireless, so I don't have cables running all over the place that the bunny can chew or the kids can trip on

7. I can actually say I'm using th HDMI input on the TV which DH didn't think was worth paying extra for...HA!

8. Storing movies on a hard drive takes up WAY less space than 300 DVDs

9. It's a new toy...I love new toys and apple makes the coolest toys around

10. It's super easy to have a movie marathon and not have to get off the couch to switch movies.

11. by storing the kids movies on the computer, I don't have to get upset when they've totally scratched the disk...or snapped it *sigh*

12. it was an excuse to rip all our movies, and now I can put them on the ipod for the kids to watch on car trips...oh wait...no way I'm letting them touch my ipod...

13. someday itunes will have episodes of shows like Star Trek Voyager which, hopefully will be cheaper than buying the DVDs for 140 bucks a season...and I'll still be able to watch them on the TV without burning a bunch of DVD-Rs...which is good since i don't have a DVD burner in this puter.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





21 comments:

Kim Rees / Kim Knox said...

You are Apple-Woman! Does it come with a costume? ;-)

Ctina said...

Congrats on your new toy! :)

Barbara said...

Sounds like you have a nice little toy!

My TT is up.

impworks said...

New toys are always fun. Just have to remember to eat as well as playing with "shiny and purty and new" things ;-)

PJ said...

I'm a fellow Mac Goddess! I'm so jealous right now! The Itunes UK store still doesn't have TV show downloads, so AppleTV isn't much good for us here right now. Happy TT!

Vader's Mom said...

That sounds that a ton of fun. I don't need one though...too many movies and shows I want to watch...I'd never leave it alone :)

Coco said...

ooowwww... that sounds like a wonderful toy!! :)

Selena Kitt said...

New toys ROCK! :)

Selena

Terrific Teens said...

That sounds so awesome! I want one!

fairieangel said...

OHHHHH!! Now that sounds like a VERY fun and nifty toy!! I am completely wanting one now! =)

Have fun with it!

Happy TT!

Michelle Hasker said...

sounds really cool Jennie!
Now I want one LOL

MM Del Rosario said...

It looks like your going to be a busy for a while...

Happy TT. . .
MM

Qtpies7 said...

My dh is watching his shows on the computer, buying them from somewhere in the net for like $2. If only Scrubs were there, well, I'd be a happy woman!

Aline de Chevigny said...

LOL well is the obsession complete now? hehe

Nice list.

Aline

Kristin said...

Wow, I wish I had a brother like yours!

I love mac anything, but just can't see getting that particular Apple toy right now! Have a good TT!

http://mrshand.livejournal.com

Starla said...

That sounds great!

I'm a fellow Apple woman as well and I can say this much, June cannot come soon enough for the release of the iPhone!

Happy TT!

Elena Croft said...

Oooooo I know what I'm asking for this year for my b-day. Nice list.

Elena

Janet said...

WOW!!! What a nice brother!!!

Raggedy said...

I have no clue what you are talking about or what it is but it sounds very cool!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

FRIGGA said...

I've never even heard of that! Maybe I really do live in my own little world. Happy TT13!

amy said...

that sounds awesome