Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6...I think


Thirteen of my favorite fight scenes from TV and movies



This list was inspired by super awesome hubby who got me season 8 of Stargate SG-1 for our anniversary last weekend.

1. Vala Mal Doran VS Dr. Daniel Jackson in Prometheus Unbound in Season 8 of Stargate SG-1
- Oh my God, when I first saw this episode, I almost peed my pants. After she beats the crap out of him (including bagging him with a fire extinguisher, she says they should have just had sex. That's just so Vala.

2. The Rock VS the rebels in The Rundown
- they're flying at him from all sides and he's totally over powered by all these little guys.

3. The Thirteenth Warrior
- Near the end, when Antonio Banderas's character has filed down the sword...and it's raining...love that scene

4. Teal'c VS Jonas Quinn in Redemption (Stargate SG-1 season 6)
- Teal'c is teaching Jonas how to box, and Jonas keeps going down but bounces back like a rubber ball everytime.

5. Kar vs Jade in Bulletproof Monk
- lots of sexual tension in this fight

6. Ronan VS the Marines in Duet, Stargate Atlantis season 2
- when Ronan is beating the crap out of the marines he's training and Sheppard says..."Ok, let's try that again." One of the marines responds with "How about you try that again sir." Sheppard wisely says "Ok, I think that's enough for one day."

7. Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi VS Darth Maul in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- the double lightsaber thing was SOOOOOO cool

8. Wesley (aka the dread Pirate Roberts) VS Fezzik in The Princess Bride
- for a while there it looks like Wesley is going to burst a few blood vessels in his forehead hehe

9. King Arthur VS the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- It's just a flesh wound!

10. Neo vs Morpheus Kung Fu Training in The Matrix
- we watched this scene about a million times when working out the choreography for a fight scene in my student film

11. Simon Phoenix VS future cops
- lord that was funny

12. Samuel and Marty (?) VS Arnie the Dinosaur in Nine Months
- anybody who beats the crap of of a Barnie look alike is cool in my books

13. Anchorman
- the alley fight scene with all the other TV stations.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





12 comments:

Starrlight said...

LOVE Princess Bride. Happy TT!

Dane Bramage said...

Well violence only begets violence and... Oh who am I foolin'? The best fight seen ever was Jack (Kurt Russell) Burton and the good tong taking on the Wing Kong and the evil Lo Pan during the climactic battle in Big Trouble in Little China! Oh and double light sabers are cool. My Thursday 13 #41 is up. 13 De-motivational Posters

Donna said...

I'll just have to take your word for it.

Sheelagh said...

8, 9 and 11 always make me burst out into giggles. Great list.

she
http://daemon-ink.net/blog

SusieJ said...

Very creative -- but I do, always close my eyes.

Dragonheart said...

The Stargate fight scenes and the one from the Princess Bride are definitely great! Vala and Daniel had such great chemistry, right from the start.

jdoriot said...

I just picked up The Princess Bride at a swap...I'll have to look for that scene!

Aline de Chevigny said...

Tagg your it! you've been tagged for a meme to uncover all your secrets! Just go to my blog and copy the directions.

Aline

Rose Marie Wolf, Author said...

Great fight scenes. I always like the Matrix one myself.

Much Love Always,
Rose Marie Wolf
www.rosemariewolf.com

Elena Croft said...

I love those fight scenes....Vala and Daniel, man that was funny.

Anywho you've been tagged to do a meme of 4. Head over to http://elenacroft.blogspot.com/ for the details.

Kim Rees / Kim Knox said...

Since you need to update your content...what better way than a TAG!

7 weird/random things about yourself, please!

Kim

Kim Rees / Kim Knox said...

oops, forgot to say, head back to my blog for the rules, lol

Kim