Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Progress Report

It's been over a year since my last post. That says a lot about what's been going on in my life. Nothing!

In the last three weeks or so, I finished a novella and almost finished a second one. Let's see if I can come up with some kind of blurb for them...

Jewel of the Highlands
Julie Murdock planned to renovate the old Tiara Islands Inn for her reality show then sell it. Simple. No complications, no commitments. She didn't count on falling in love with the place, nor did she anticipate reuniting with Noah Kerry, a summer fling from her teen years. Now with problem after problem plaguing the renovation, and Noah's persistent flirting, Julie's got more complications than she can handle.

Noah wants nothing more than to get out of Highland Hills, so he's not too happy that his first big city job with Home Network requires him to stay there for the duration of the project. Of course there are compensations, namely Julie, the proverbial one-that-got-away

Whew, well, its rough, but that's the gist of the story. The other one is tentatively titled Family of Four....

Considering he spent all his childhood and teen years in the backwoods, widower Jake Randall is having one hell of a time handling a simple camping trip to a campground with his six year old son. Help comes in the form of single mother, Josephine Clements, an old friend and proud owner of one slightly ugly camping trailer.

Jo isn't exactly hiding, but sometimes, its better for ones sanity to just avoid unpleasant people, like her ex boyfriend and her parents. She's quite content to spend her summer living like a gypsy with her three month old daughter, until Jake walks into her life making her realize how much she's missing out on. Both are leery of opening their hearts, but they can't deny the attraction between them, nor how easily they seem to form a cozy family of four.

Now to do the whole submitting thing and then the waiting thing...

Family of Four is going to introduce one of the characters from a contemporary romance series I'm working on, one I'm super excited about. Jake's best friend, Daniel Sheppard, and his three brothers work at their family business, Wild North Outfitters. They're a bit rough around the edges, a bit wild, but oh so sexy. I'm still working out the characters and plotting for them, but I hope to have the first two on the go this fall.

With less than a week to go before school starts, I'm busy getting the kids ready, making sure we have stuff for lunches, and plotting stories so I can jump right in once I have the peace and quiet of a kid free house three days a week (since the husband has days off midweek.) I'm also going to be doing some work on my office. I'm currently set up in the sunporch, which is sort of winterized, but not fully. I don't want to be writing with numb fingers.

If anyone is interested, I posted three of the world building articles I'd written for Enchanted Ramblings on my website. I'm hoping to write more articles to post...we'll see how it goes. It's good to be back in the writing swing of things. Hopefully I'll manage to stay in the zone without getting side tracked.

Off to work on Family of Four. I'm hoping to have it finished by the weekend. My goal for finishing Jewel was yesterday, and I actually got it done yesterday as well as the synopsis! Woot! Now lets see if I can manage this miracle twice. How's everyone else doing on their goals?

No comments: