Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Break

It's four days into march break, and I've had a great time lounging on the couch, watching my Star Trek Voyager DVDs. Today though, I'm going to make some attempt to get some writing done.

It's been interesting, watching this show. Not only is their out-of-uniform fashion something to be remembered with fascination (there are some speedo shots that should have been banned...seriously) No, what I find the most interesting is the politics. What makes Star Trek so interesting to me, is the rich history and depth of world building that's grown with each new series and movie. As someone who's favorite part of writing is developing the character's history, and in some cases, the history of a made up world, Star Trek has always been something of an inspiration for me.

It had been a long time since I watched any of these (except the new Star Trek Movie...yum!) I'll be watching them now with more in mind than entertainment.

No comments: