Thursday, December 01, 2011

Christmas at Tiara Islands

I'm the first to admit, my motivation to write in the last few years has been rather lacking. A week and a half ago, I started writing a Christmas short on the off chance I'd finish it in time to send it in for the Red Rose 12 of Christmas submission call. I didn't, but a few days after the deadline, I was asked if I had any Christmas stories. I managed to finish the story within 2 days and send it in, and it was accepted. *whew* I've never started, finished, subbed and sold a story in about a week.

The Figgy Pudding Disaster is the second of the tales set at the Tiara Islands Inn. When I started it I had only two goals...write a christmas story set at the Tiara, and somehow include figgy puddings. I've never had figgy pudding...but I love the name. It always makes me smile.

The story is about Dizzy, a single mom who lost contact with, Dean, the love of her life before she could tell him she was pregnant with his child. When she and her son travel to The Tiara for a Christmas vacation, she finds him working there, only he doesn't seem to remember her. An injury sustained while serving over seas has left Dean with jumbled memories, but the one that's always been clear, is of a blond with green eyes, he just can't remember who she is.

In other news, I just finished the rough draft on Family of Four, another story set in the same town as Jewel of the Highlands and The Figgy Pudding Disaster. I'm hoping to have it polished up and submitted soon.

No comments: